Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blogging 101- My First Day of Continuing Education



Today was my first day of continuing education.  I am a student at Suffolk Community College, learning about blogging.  I've never taken a course that wasn't related to attaining a degree of some sort.  I'm enjoying this experience because I'm in a classroom and there is no pressure.

No pressure to perform, no pressure to excel, no pressure to even teach.  I can sit back and enjoy while learning a skill that I have incomplete knowledge on, but will serve me well in my writing career.

This was a good idea.  I'm in a period of my life where I feel stuck, frozen, not moving.  This is a different experience.  I'm already feeling the pressure between my eyes go away.  I feel the ideas swirling in my head, actually fighting to get out.  Usually the ideas lounge in my head like drunken Romans in "I, Claudius."

They demand attention but they produce nothing.  Now, the productive ideas are stomping those lazy thoughts out.

Taking this class is the best thing I can do for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment